- To promote the study of addiction counseling and the principles of counseling in relation to addiction.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and views on addiction counseling, to collect and disseminate information pertaining to addiction counseling, and to develop the technique of addiction counseling.
- To hold examinations and to grant certificates to persons who have satisfied the Examiners and the Council of the Association.
- To make representations and to act in conjunction with any other public or professional bodies in so doing, upon questions of Hong Kong and international addiction counseling.
- To establish and maintain a high ethical standard amongst the Members of the Association engaged in addiction counseling service.
- To promote the quality of life for the prevention of addiction.